English Curriculum Objectives:
In a fast-changing society like Hong Kong, innovative teaching and learning measures have to be adopted so that students can acquire the skills to tackle new challenges in their daily life.
Therefore, our primary targets of the subject are to devise and select optimum ways which are suitable for the needs of our students and can enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning of English.
2022-2023 Subject Learning Targets:
- To further enhance the skills of self-directed learning of our students through different kinds of e-learning tasks and extended reading tasks
- To integrate drama education, reading across the curriculum and Formative Instructional Practices (FIP) into the school-based English curriculum
- To provide students with more diverse learning experiences and practical contexts
- To integrate different positive values and attitudes into the mainstream teaching
- To help students develop a sense of accomplishment in learning English