English Curriculum Objectives:
In a fast-changing society like Hong Kong, innovative measures have to be introduced to meet new challenges we face in our daily life.
As one’s attitude and perception of learning affect learning outcome greatly, we have to foster a positive attitude and confidence in using English.
Therefore, our primary targets of the subject are to devise and select ways which are suitable for the needs of our students and to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning of English.
2021-2022 English Subject Learning Targets:
- To further enhance self-directed learning skills of our students
- To integrate drama education, reading across the curriculum and Formative Instructional Practices (FIP) into the school-based English curriculum
- To provide students with more diverse learning experiencesnd contexts
- To integrate different positive values and attitudes into the mainstream teaching
- To help students develop a sense of accomplishment in learning English